Saturday, September 13, 2008

Men with their power tools

The day started with Andy saying "What? You want me to cut these down?" But yes, alas the trees were moved to make room for the cave man party. These beautiful natural trees that have fallen and grown over with vines and poison ivy are coming down. So how exactly do we do this? We call up our dear friends Dave K and David A and they arrive with eye wear, power tools and the ability to jump fences (Dave never ceases to amaze me...).
And the boys go to work. A few pina coladas later we have a wonderful walkway.

so as I did my part, note I wasn't invited into the whole power tool aspect, I was the leaf picker upper....anyway I began to scream as something slithered through the pile I was picking up. I'm not much of a screamer, but I was impressive. Even the next door neighbor came over to See if I was okay. Now after saving my poor little bunnies that got flooded out (see previous posts) you would not expect what I did next. I quickly told Andy to get a shovel and take care of it. And my manly husband did just as I asked. Off came the snake's head and several body parts. Actually, I was upset that we killed this creature and yet oddly fascinated that despite having no body parts connected, he continued to slither and move for several moments.
And finally, it was just good ole weed whacking time. Down came all the bushes (formally known as tall spindly weeds gone wild) and lo and behold,
We could once again get to Katie's house. Not bad for an afternoon of fun and hard work...off to the pool we go.

4 comments:

Jim and Shelby Caldwell said...

My eyes are deceiving me, I thought I saw a little Nathan in that last picture! :) He's too cute. lovin' the clothes...and, oh -the memories.

Unknown said...

For those of you that don't believe in killing animals, in my defense, my wife said, "it's you or the snake" I felt I really had no choice. Hopefully that snake will not hunt me in the life to come.

Andy

Unknown said...

Love the yard...you guys are so good at everything!!

And tell Andy that he will have some explaining to do to Joseph Smith.

scottandangelle@gmail.com said...

Way to go! The yard looks great! About the snake, we are sure you can be forgiven...