Saturday, September 13, 2008

I spy, with my little eye...

One of my daughters favorite pastimes in MO is to collect frogs. While we slave away at making the Garden a bliss complete, the kids quickly scamper up and catch anything they can get. So far, we have hosted frogs (including one that sat in my nephews pocket until it was washed in the laundry machine...a story for another time but sadly did not end well for the frog, or my nephew), blue tailed skinks, and not to mention a few snakes... Once these treasures are found, they are always quickly brought up to me and I assess whether they can observe them for a while. I have found the solution being an old outdoor planter that is so high they can not escape, but on the ground so we can all enjoy their antics. Of course I allow observations for only a couple hours and then the animals must be let go. I can't let them be apart from their froggy mommies and daddies can I? But on this particular day, Katie and Baker were very successful so I agreed to document their finds...so how many did they find? Is your eye good enough to tell? You can double click on the image to enlarge it.

3 comments:

Jim and Shelby Caldwell said...

I found three! Did I win..did I win? :) Very tricky indeed. you are such a good mom.

Unknown said...

I found three too, and one of those suckers was HUGE....I bet I am missing one..they have great camoflauge in that dirt.

Unknown said...

I read somewhere that frogs are disappearing from the earth... I guess that author has not been to MO!

Thanks for your comments by the way!

I am so happy because you are updating regularly..we miss you guys.

We totally should have come and seen you on our way home from UT....I am kicking myself because I didn't think of it!