Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The day has come...

Thanks to the hard work of my husband (and lots of sacrifices on his part), the clever way I've saved money (like making us eat food past the expiration date much to Andy's dismay or cutting my own hair as my friend LeAnn mocked me for this morning), many nights of not eating out when Andy was dying to go to Roadhouse, Andy's incredible brother who has advised us and ran a marathon to boot :), fasting and praying for the ends to meet up when they didn't seem to, family members who have spent money on our behalf or sent it to us when it was needed, serving the Lord and using our incredible talents to bless the lives of others with the money he has blessed us with (like feeding the missionaries, donating to worthy causes and making meals for those who we feel need it), Instead of dates meaning dinner and movies (in who knows how long) we were content with long hikes, sitting in the free seats at the Muny, missing Wicked at the Fox, etc..etc..I could go on... IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED!

Tonight we made the final payment on our final student loan. We still have other debts to pay, but for once, during General Conference, we can listen to the get out of debt talks and feel confident that the Lord has blessed us in so many ways to make this happen.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

That is fantastic, I think we should go out to Roadhouse to celebrate :)

Andy

Jim and Shelby Caldwell said...

I second the road house...as long as you're paying. ;) Hey, one day it'll be on us. Thanks for all your help. I just have to assume that I helped with your blessings as we are one of the families to receive your endless giving. :) I'm so proud of you guys. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Unknown said...

That is fantastic! You're service does not go unnoticed.

Tina said...

Congratulations you guys! That is awesome!

Unknown said...

That's a long time coming here....do you have to rub it in? :)

Feel good for me during conference. I am sure I will have to cringe my way through a few or A LOT more!

Jeanine said...

That is awesome...and since I am new around here, must ask, What is Roadhouse?

Angie said...

What a great accomplishment!!

Twist said...

Congratulations! Now you need to write a book on it. I'll buy one for all my kids. Come to think of it, I'll save one for myself.

Lloyd & Helen

Melissa Rozeski said...

That is a huge moment, one that we will not have for many years to come. Enjoy the debt free zone for me!

Melissa

Melissa Rozeski said...

I tagged you both on my blog. I need some more dirt on you guys :)

Melissa Smith said...

OH WOW!!! That is AMAZING!!!! Good Job..

The Lightle Family said...

I wasn't sure where to put this comment, but you've been tagged. Check out my blog

scottandangelle@gmail.com said...

WAY TO GO! What a team you two are!!! Brings back many memories of the days when we would not even put 30 cents (yes, I know that dates us!) in a "pop" machine to buy a drink! The sacrifices were certainly worth the price. Still are...we still think twice about spending 30 cents!