Saturday, March 07, 2009

when I'm feeling blue...

so today was a sad day. I have been busy with the Ward Activities, sick and had sick kids. And I think I was just feeling low of everything. (You know, without anything in my bucket to give, but with a whole lot of dippers taking). Anyway, something happened with my next door neighbors. (don't ask...I'm trying not to gossip) A misunderstanding of sorts, which ended in the neighbor yelling and cursing at me in front of the neighborhood. I know, I know. I bet you thought everyone loves me. Well, guess what. It's not true. And while I shouldn't care, I do, deeply. And as luck would have it, this happened in front of my daughter. Luckily my husband had just taken Baker inside. But I am so sad. I, having no emotional energy left, just started to cry. Then I got angry. I lied on my bed for awhile sobbing my eyes out and trying to figure out how I was going to put on a happy face for the Ward Activity later tonight. I wanted to shout at the Heavens for letting us move here and having such rotten neighbors (mind you, not all) and why couldn't we move (I know, dramatic eh??). And then I started to go back into my grown up self and figure out how to fix this. And I'm not sure it can be. I do struggle with not liking people to be angry at me. I am trying constantly to think what would God do? And all I can come up with right now is that He would at least be proud that I care. That I am sad over this unfortunate misunderstanding. And that he blessed me with a fantastic husband who knew enough to leave me alone for awhile, simply take a kids on a walk, and later remind me that the neighbor is probably embarrassed about what happened. I know, I am lucky to have him as my partner. okay, I've stewed enough. Time to move on and get happy again. After all, I have a Ward Talent Show to get to. Thanks for letting me vent. Heather

8 comments:

Melissa Smith said...

oh heather, how could anyone be mean to someone as amazing as you. I would never yell at you. (I haven't have I??) I can't believe it. You are always going above and beyond to serve and be nice. I am so sorry

Unknown said...

you have never been mean to me...my cats maybe, but never me :). I actually went and apologized for what happened (which is huge for me since I can't stand conflict) and Andy came with me and he apologized back so hopefully this will just be a bump in the neighborly road.

Tina said...

Oh Heather I'm so sorry. You are the sweetest person ever! I hope everything will turn out ok. And now you are finished with the ward party..one less thing to worry about! It went great by the way. It was lots of fun and you did an excellent job as always! If you need anything just let me know.

Nordy's said...

Heather,
They are lucky that I am not their neighbor! I have been known to fight back! I am so sorry that it was you taking that verbal beating and I hope it all turns out well. And, look at it this way, it is probably a learning experience for your daughter as now she can see what NOT to do in the case of the neighbor, and what TO do by your example. Even so, I am still sorry that had to happen.

scottandangelle@gmail.com said...

So sorry about the neighbor. We have been in situations like that and they are HARD! You guys are the best!!!
Love you and miss you!

Unknown said...

Hope you get it figured out. Glad to see you have to deal with real life feelings too...everything always seems so optimistic over there.

Thanks for the post title...brought the song rushing back....

when I'm feeling blue.
all I have to do.
Is take a look at you.
And then I'm not so blue.

Melissa Rozeski said...

Is it the same neighbor as before??? It's so hard dealing with people sometimes, especially when you can't get away from them. Maybe when we come to visit, I can hear the whole story....or would that be gossiping?

Jean McKendrick said...

Heather,
Shelby gave me your blog address, I am so happy to catch up with you! My long lost Ricks Roomie!
I actually remembered Shelby was your sister, long story but found her on facebook. She gave me your blog address and e-mail address. I have Sara's blog on my favorite list (Hult Family) and am connected to Sally through facebook.
Sounds like you just moved? I am in Jacksonville Florida of all places. My family is still in Oregon.
Hope to talk to you soon.
"Jeaner"