Sunday, March 29, 2009

In no particular order...here's our life

So this is my brief catch up of what we have been doing lately. In no order since I'm too busy to care what layout this uses....here is Baker and his friend Nathan at the zoo. These two boys make my heart laugh since they are very creative at what mischief they get in to. The other day they both decided at the exact same moment to poop in their underwear...tell me that's not a coincidence.
There is a new baby at the zoo. A giraffe. The zoo keeper said 500 people turned out to see her be born. They birthed her right in the open pen. Can you imagine that sight? I be the angels were smiling. Griffith and Baker love the fishes at the hippo exhibit

here's Baker and Nathan climbing the all to the slide


and yet again playing in the hippo's mouth


Mardi Gras here we come!!!

Somehow...we though going to the downtown Mardi Gras parade would be fun. And it was, for the drunken masses that surrounded us. But we got through it. Katie got a bunch of beads, Baker cried through the whole thing, and we got to see some of the oddest floats (if you could call it that). But another St. Louis first down. We want to try and get to very parade at least once. So far my favorite seems to be St. Patty's day. Though we want to try and get to the Dogtown St. Patty's day one year. And I just found another one. The Barkus parade for kids at Mardi Gras. That one will be our next years goal.

I have gotten into making Bento lunches and really enjoy it. It has spilled over into making Bento meals as well. Note my fun egg penguins who are swimming in a sea of blue cottage cheese.

We decided on what traditions we want to do for Valentines day. They each get a bucket with silly string, candy and a book. Our silly string fight was loads of fun for everyone except Baker.
Even Griffith got into it. and Katie loved shooting it all over.


So we weren't really thinking one day, but we decided to take 13 kids to the Zoo. Yeah, I know...crazy huh? There are 4 babies not pictured here. Needless to say, we lost one (which Andy hunted down) and just kept herding them around. Can we say Polygamy!!! One man, three women and 13 kids. Oh boy!

This is what life would be like with triplets. I babysat them one day and I thought, oh yeah...no wonder the Lord didn't answer that prayer to send all my kids at once. Regardless, they are all so cute I could just eat them up...Adam, Caleb and Griffith


Especially this one. His name is Caleb Boyce and I think looks more like my child than his twin brother...I think when they all turn 18 months, the nursery leader will run for the Ozark Mountains and never return...There will be 5 babies all entering at about the same time...heaven help us all!


Katie got very creative one day and made her very own castle for Hello Kitty. She really just wanted an excuse to use tape. But I am continually amazed at what she will fashion out of her mind.

Baker and Katie playing paint the rocks. I'm not sure why Baker thought this meant "lets get naked and paint ourselves..." but what do you do? Naked tighty whitey boys come from the Brimhall side. We went to World Bird Days and the kids all loved seeing birds and especially the pygmie owl which was only as large as my palm. Andy was at Spring training with all his brothers so this was a great way to pass the time.


Andy missed the annual St. Patty's day parade but this year, we had a great number of people come with us. It is always fun to see the balloons and get necklaces. Here is the yearly leprechaun photo. This guy is there every year and we love to get pics with him.

2 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

Looks like you guys have lots of fun things to do around there! Never a dull moment eh!

Sullivan Family said...

What a great post! There is never a dull moment in the Brimhall house!!