Monday, March 30, 2009

Boys will be boys will be boys....

After exercising class today I decided that I would borrow another little boy to play with Baker and keep him occupied while I clean house. But of course, I needed to shower. So I told the boys what they could and could not do while I took a brief break to take a shower. Who knew when I forgot to mention, get naked, soak yourself in the left over rain water and then play in the sandbox, that that is what they would think of doing first. Imagine my surprise when I heard giggling coming from outside my window?!!! Thinking they had simply gone outside while I took a shower (breaking all rules anyway) I looked out ready to give them my sternest stranger danger lecture. Laughter once again bubbled up (this time from me) as I realised what they had done. Two little bottoms covered in sand pointed in my direction said it all. Sorry Tina, for posting naked pics of your little guy, but I couldn't resist this brief moment of what can only be described as "boys will be boys" or "Baker and Nathan being Naughty and loving it"...take your pick!this is the two of them running away from me while I tried to get them to come in. What you don't see is that they are shivering because it was cold outside!!

I finally told them they had to come in because they were naughty. See the smiles. Yeah...Naughty is not such a bad thing in their mind...heaven help us over the next 4 years.Here they are getting clean and splashing water while they warm up...can't blame you. You probably have a smile right now. I did. And I'm off to clean it all up!

6 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

That is funny! Kaden dropped his droors at Disney and peed right behind me in a flower bed. Priceless. He did it too fast for me to stop it.

Tina said...

Ok I'm so sorry Heather, borrowing Nathan definitely didn't make your morning any easier. I was laughing so hard while I was looking at this! Those two boys!! I'm sure there will be more stories like this to come from these two! Thanks for watching Nathan though. Next time I'll take Baker so you can actually get something done.

Sullivan Family said...

SO FUNNY!! What cute kids! So, did you ever get your house cleaned??

Melissa Smith said...

oh boy I have a lot to look forward too. I miss living by you so much and all the fun things you have planned. I just read andy's ode to motherhood. That is so sweet. I almost cried. Heather is amazing. You are very lucky. I miss being so close to all of you.

Unknown said...

I laughed out loud for that one. I can totally picture those little bums shivering in the wind. OOOOh too cute.

Lolly Soulier said...

Hilarious post! I got your comment, and we would love to see you guys. Let's touch base about details. You are such a fun mom, I love your blog!