Sunday, November 23, 2008

am I a Smith?

so here's my funny story of the night. I felt that I was sitting in the Smith household listening to Matt and Missy...

it goes something like this... We are at dinner and had just sat down to a salad (Matt B would be proud) when Baker jumps up, announces that his belly hurts, grabs his hiney and runs for the toilet. Now two year old little legs can only go so fast so I quickly follow (did I mention he's potty trained?). You can stop Reading here if TMI gets in the way of you enjoying a good story.

So, I hate bathroom stuff. I pee and well, do everything in the bathroom alone. I don't need help, I don't need conversation, I don't need anyone looking and comparing notes. This is, I might add, different than my in laws who all love to sit and chat together, in the bathroom. So I quickly sit back down to enjoy my dinner once Baker's on the toilet. After a little while he announces that he's done pooping. I said, great, your dad will be right in to wipe you.

Andy takes a big bite of food and heads in. Now, when it's me, I simply bend the kid over, wipe and flush. But oh, not so when Andy's involved. He makes comments. So I'm eating and listening to a running commentary of ...."wow, Baker. good thing you made it. that's alot of poopy. did you get it all out?" at which point, Katie then decides she needs to join in and see this poop. So off she runs and the conversation continues. "Would it have fallen out on the floor if he had pooped in his underwear?" Katie asks. At which point I can only imagine Andy and her both looked and I heard "ummm, well not that kind of poopy, good thing he made it" and then it continues but I'll spare you the details. I had a good silent laugh that this was our dinner conversation. Andy tried to save it later with a brief catch up of what Katie's teacher taught her in Sunday school, but looking back, my kids are going to remember the time they discussed poop and who had the longest one. Is there an award for that? Because my husband actually took a picture of Baker's the other day. (and tempted as I might be, I won't put it on here) Oh my...HOW DID I END UP IN THIS FAMILY????

Good thing I love them. Heather

6 comments:

always loven life said...

What is with guys and poop? Randy has had the same conversation with Mason. He complements him and everything. We'll see if he does the same with Maryn or not. It might be just a guy thing?

melissa smith said...

It is not a guy thing or a SMITH thing it is a BRIMHALL thing. trust me. I know it is gross but it is. Even I the only brimhall female can not pass up yelling, "hey matt come look at this?" I am fairly cultured and feminine but it is in my blood. I would be ousted from the smith's if the secret leaked. Matt will never come.

Nordy's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nordy's said...

LOL, it can't just be a Brimhall thing... apparantly it is a Nordstrom thing too - well atleast this family of Nordstrom's! (I too think Brian's family would oust us if they knew the conversations we have about poo). There have been many a time when one or the other of us has been called in to check out Jayden's "adult sized" poop and wonder outloud where it came from... and so far we only have girls - so imagine when they get older... PS - Heather did you get my hour long phone message?

Unknown said...

Hey Nordy- love the name. I did get your message but no number and I called missy but never heard back...thanks for your thoughts. I think it is kind of you to offer up your wisdom. I also saw that you wrote on the guestbook...how cool. send me an invite to your blog so I can catch up on your life. brimhallbunch@sbcglobal.net

Kich Pwi Pwi said...

Melissa, I will never cease to love to hear and see the female version of my Matt through you. Somehow knowing you do it too makes it ok:) Matt always calls me to come take a look but I never go... Great story Heather, I think I could definitely share a similar one...Holly