Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Mommy's Little Helper

Katie has been the best little helper since her brother was born. She will help daddy change his diaper (i.e., getting wipes, throwing away diapers, and commenting on the "yuckiness" of it all). Also, she will hold him, cuddle him, and always get his pacifier when he cries. Occasionally, if Heather is especially busy, she even offers to feed him. If you don't believe us we have evidence. Even though that is not Baker in the bathtub (we've been accused of putting our babies in weird positions simply for the sake of a photograph) Katie has been practicing her form. She proudly tells me that she can do it just like her mommy. She loves to feed her baby and always does what it takes to make sure her baby (and her brother) knows it is loved.

Although there have been times where we get the occasional temper tantrum when one of us shows love and affection to Baker, in general Katie has been very warm and receptive to this enormous change. In the morning she will always cuddle with "Baker Bake" and tell him his is a "cutie patootee." She loves to give him big hugs, slobbery kisses, and the occasional nose rub (the two of them rub noses back and forth). Actually, it's more like Katie rubs her nose and Baker freaks out wondering what this enormous head is doing right in his face. But for the most part he is patient with his big sissy as she learns how to share her love. We are very blessed to have these wonderful children. They bring meaning to our lives and happiness to our home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Andy,
Love the blog! Katie is going to someday kill you for this breastfeeding picture.

It seems that I discovered the joy of blogging slightly before you. My site: http://imsofunny.blogspot.com/

I haven't been there in a while, but I am BP, therefore I gave myself permission to write only when I really feel like it! :)

Anyhow, I think you will enjoy my site, as I will yours...There are some funny stories!

Love and greetings to you all from the Smoky Mountains

Alice Gold

P.S. One year and 6 weeks left. Almost made it!