Thursday, January 05, 2006

Birth of Baker Scott Brimhall


To all our dear friends and family,

Although we have tried calling many of you, with the Holidays happening, most of you are gone. So we are writing an email to announce the birth of our son, Baker Scott Brimhall.

He was born on the 22nd of December and it couldn't have been a better delivery. We went to the Hospital on Wednesday night (right after visiting Santa Land) to be induced. We hadn't ever toured the Hospital or anything as it sort of snuck up on us, so we ended up at the wrong place but after figuring out that they have created a whole new birthing center a few blocks away, we arrived for our fun evening.

They started the cervidil at about 11 PM and antibiotics at the same time. The IV hurt the most out of the entire process and they blew my vein the first time and ended up having to stick me again. At about 6 Am, they started Pitocin and the fun really began. My Doctor arrived at 7:30 to break my water and I received my first epidural around 8. Then since that didn't take, I got a second one about 9 and from there on out, I was in Heaven. It was just like with Katie. Once the epidural kicked in, my body just jumped into delivery mode and the nurse checked me about 10:15 and ended up just holding the baby in until the Doctor could arrive. Baker was born around 10:30 and I pushed about 2 times and he just came out wailing. I had talked to the Doctor about not cutting or wanting to tear and he kept making comments about how a peanut like him wasn't going to make a difference. And sure enough, the baby I thought was going to be soooo big ended up being 5lbs 5 ounces, and 19 inches. So it was a great delivery. We had family troop in the rest of day and more family as we were blessed to have all the Brimhall side except Andy's older brother's family and dad there in Texas for Christmas and my entire family was here as well.

What a Christmas gift we got. And it all worked out according to my Master plan. In on Wednesday and out by Friday morning. He was healthy and has a cute little wrinkly body and I think, looks like Andy. Well, at least he has Andy's nose. :) We blessed him on Christmas Day since all the family was here and he did really well.



The most fun we have is with his name. He was named after my maiden name of Baker but me entire family goes by our last name instead of our first. Like when we play games, we'll say, nice move Baker to my mom, or my dad will call us Baker or things like that, so now we are realizing we have to clarify who we are speaking of. so it's been fun.

Other than that, he is a great little guy and is very stretchy, he doesn't like squishing up and prefers to stretch out and flail around. I am grateful he is healthy and we are grateful for our little miracle. We have been so blessed to have 2 children and are hoping the Lord will grant us at least one more.

Anyway, Just wanted to share the news and let everyone know we love them

Love to All,
Heather and Andy and Katie and Baker

Here are some more pictures. Heather says that he looks more like me but I'll let y'all be the judge of that.