Wednesday, June 23, 2010

loving the summer

I look around at all the fancy blogs full of such creative things, look at all my old high school Friends on facebook who are doing such fantastic things like producing movies and winning Emmy awards and at all websites that spout all the things you can do to help people in life...
and I can't help but get overwhelmed with what my life must look like to others. How small I must seem. I am a mom. Sometimes it seems like it's not much but...

I LOVE IT!!! I repeat
i LOVE it.



because i love seeing this

Katie receiving a Valley Park Star award for great character (one of two first graders honored in the whole school, presented by her teacher) or this...Baker thoroughly enjoying the freedom of being a little boy and just running and jumping into water squirting up from the ground..

OR this...Baker and Griffy snuggled together after a long day on mommy's bed, simply because they wanted to sleep together and no other bed was big enough for them.

Those are my miracles and I thank God for them every day...
I love "just" being a mom. Sometimes (all times) the trade offs are worth it...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

amen Sister!! And you have some great ones!

The Lightle Family said...

How cute.... love the pic of the boys sleeping. So cute.

Melissa Rozeski said...

I know the feeling... I like it more and more as life gets crazier and crazier. Lucky kiddos you have!

Melissa Rozeski said...

So bummed about the visit, but I totally understand the draw of a flight rather than that big drive. I have promised Madeline a girls trip to Missouri. I just need to make it through the summer, then I will start planning that!

always loven life said...

living the dream, Heather, living the dream!

And so am I!!

Love it!!

Jim and Shelby Caldwell said...

Oh heidi, you are a wonder to us all and I can only hope you always feel that wonder. Should you doubt, go back and read feb 2, 2010. It left me feeling how you have felt. :)