Saturday, June 13, 2009

Boys Keep Out!

A few months ago, I was babysitting a bunch of 2 & 3 year old boys and they thought that the best activity was following Katie around and knocking over everything she was making. I'm not sure who came up with the idea, (most likely Baker) but it led to Katie screaming every 20 minutes.

She eventually slammed her door as she stomped into her room but it wasn't long before she opened the door to quickly put this sign into place and slam the door again. When I saw it, I couldn't help but smile. Especially the part where she thought the boys could, or even would, read it. And I really like the emphasis she placed on the eyes and mouth. While Baker cannot read, he can't miss the message there. it says, "you come into my room and these fists will make a bruise." Now, months later, she has decided to take it down. I happened to find the poster in the trash and pulled it out. I think when my dear Katie turns 16, I will rehang the sign on her door.

2 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

So typical of little boys, destructive. :)
Funny sign! You ought to laminate it so it keeps longer.

Christin said...

We have seen that sign many times in our house. I know Summer can totally relate.