Wednesday, September 26, 2007

IT'S A B-IRL!!!

After weeks of questioning and guessing we had our ultrasound today and we found out that it was a little baby B-IRL. For those of you who don't know what that means, let me explain. Heather and I for the past month and a half have been toying with the idea of waiting until the birth of the baby to find out if it is a boy or a girl. My main reservation was how Katie was going to respond; she has been convinced that it is going to be a little girl. I was afraid that if she didn't know until the day of that it was a boy then she would be very disappointed. However, for the past several weeks she has been very open to the idea that it might be a boy or a girl. So finally I asked her. I said, "Katie, what if mommy and daddy don't find out what we are having until we go to the hospital." Her response, "whatever, I'd love it either way" (what an angel she is). With my major reservation deflected I had relatively little justification to not take the plunge; despite the fact that we were still questioning ourselves as we walked into the Dr's office. So long story short: we still don't know what we are having. Although Heather swears that she saw a little device floating in the amniotic fluid. I told her that her mind was playing tricks on her because she was trying as hard as she could to find out, without finding out. Overall, it was a fun experience (although it took everything we had to not look at the screen when they told us to look away). In the end, we still feel fairly confident that it is a girl but Heather's "UFO sighting" (Unidentified Floating Object) has introduced a small glimmer of doubt. Either way we are thrilled and look forward to holding this little baby in our arms.

2 comments:

Lolly Soulier said...

You are very patient....we can't do it.

I think that would be the surprise of a lifetime...I'm excited for you!

Unknown said...

I guess when you have a girl and a boy it isn't too hard to hold out. Either way, how can you be disappointed.

I have loved reading the blog tonight. It has a been a while.

Now that I have you guys linked up, I will be checking it out more often. So, keep those stories coming.

By the way, Congrats, on almost having a third...didn't even know. WOW! Remember the days when you thought you had a little miracle just for one!

We love you guys tons.

Come to TN and hang out with your old cemetary friends.